Gitogito Hustler!

On Friday, Stephen's band opened up for the Toyko girl band Gitogito Hustler. I'd never seen Gitogito Hustler before and knew nothing about them, but I'd have to rank them up there with Horrorpops as one of the most entertaining concerts I've ever been too. Definitely go check them out if you get the chance :)

Anyway! I sketched the band members from memory today at work. I tried to visit their site to get some reference on their guitars and who has what earrings etc, but apparently all myspace pages are blocked by a filter at work. I think it would look neat coloured with flat line-less colours, but I'm all computered out for today. In the mean time, here's the rough!

Comments

Vishnu Shankar said…
Sarah,Iam Vishnu, from India.
Have u ever been to india? coz some of your pictures are clearly Indian, like the little elephant and one on your site. love u.
Vanhoozerbot said…
Love these rockin girls!
And I love skulls, so... winner all around.
Smashing once again.

Jeremy
Unknown said…
Looks like a fun band - or at least your interpretation looks fun. I'll check 'em out!
Tony C. said…
They look great! I can't believe your drew them from memory!

And what a super-happy-fun-time concert!
Richard Oud said…
Awesome! Love the skulls Sarah..
S.T. Lewis said…
Don't know the band, but I love your sketch of them. Great stuff, Sarah.
Unknown said…
Great stuff sarah! Really like the designs and composition!
stephen said…
I love this! So fun. Great take on the skull and crossbones. Characters are great as always too.

-Stephen
Breadwig said…
Love to see these in color. You should send this to the band!
Anonymous said…
I love it! Good stuff. Now you'll have to do everyone doing karaoke.

master of ELO
Dominic Bugatto said…
Fun piece!
Unknown said…
ha! that's awesome, i rreally have to check out that band, horrorpops is one my favorites.
Jose Ramos said…
I love your cartoon style darling , i hope to come here again
Glenn said…
Absolutely love your stuff, I ran into it through a link someone sent me for draw geeks. Keep it up, inspire me further!!
AlanaMcCarthy said…
So cute! Reminds me of the powerpuff girls.. wonder whatever happened to that cartoon.
mike said…
haha! awesome, sarah. how cute!
Anonymous said…
Sarah, I am Boozlebognarts, from Bulgaria. Are you Bulgarian? Have you ever been from Bulgaria before? Because if not, you're stealing from Bulgaria! I hate you Sarah! Your drawings are Bulgarian in nature without a single word of thanks or praise to Bulgaria. Bulgaria spits in the face of your neck!!

XOXO,
Boozlebognarts
jim bradshaw said…
Awesome sketch, Sarah. I agree with Bryan and would love to see this in color.